Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes | Yield: 12 cupcakes | Servings: 1 cupcake
Blueberry Cornmeal Cupcakes
This recipe is a sweet variation of our classic cornbread muffins. These Blueberry Cornmeal Cupcakes have a subtle sweetness, and lovely citrus flavor.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Flour
- ½ cup Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Meal
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix all of the ingredients except blueberries in a bowl until smooth. Add the blueberries and mix until evenly combined.
- Fill each muffin tin with a ¼ cup measure (just above half-way) and bake for 18-22 minutes.
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together.
- Slowly add 2 cups of powdered sugar and combine. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice, and continue mixing until well combined.
- If your frosting isn’t thick enough, add more powdered sugar until you reach the desired consistency.