Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Yield: 35-40 Hush Puppies
Hush Puppies are a favorite Southern recipe and a must-have side dish to any plate of fried fish or barbecue.
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Meal
- 1 cup Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices chopped, cooked bacon
- ¼ cup creamed corn
- 1 cob fresh corn, cut off the cob
Method of Preparation
- Preheat frying oil to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Using a tablespoon, portion into round balls.
- Fry for 4 minutes, or until hush puppies are golden brown. Drain well on paper towels.