| Cook Time: 20 minutes | Yield: 1 serving
Sweet Potato Grits
As a healthy meal, snack or side, these sweet potato grits are as delicious as they are nutritious!
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- ¼ cup Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Grits
- ½ sweet potato
- ½ tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Method of Preparation
- In a medium sized pot, bring the broth to a boil. Add Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Grits, and stir. Bring the mixture up to a simmer, reduce the heat, cover the pot and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- While the grits are cooking, poke a few holes in the sweet potato, and microwave on high for about 5 minutes, or until the interior is very soft. Remove the skin and mash with a fork.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and while the grits are still warm, stir in the sweet potato, butter, salt and pepper.