Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Yield: 12 muffins | Servings: 1 muffin
Bacon and Onion Muffins
Bacon and Onion Muffins are perfect for a quick breakfast, snack or side dish with soup. This savory variation on traditional corn muffins will become a household favorite in no time.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Flour
- ½ cup Orange Corn Meal
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 8 slices bacon
- ½ medium onion, chopped
Method of Preparation
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a non-stick pan, fry the bacon until crispy. Take the bacon out of the pan, allow to cool and crumble into a bowl.
- Using the bacon fat, sauté the onion until they begin to caramelize.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the all-purpose flour, corn flour, corn meal, sugar, salt, and baking powder, and whisk until well combined. Add the oil, eggs, and milk, one by one, stirring between each until well combined.
- Add the crumbled bacon and onion, and stir until they are both well distributed in the batter.
- Fill muffin tins until just over half-way full with a ¼ cup measure and bake for 18-22 minutes.