Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes | Yield: 1 serving
Mamaliga is Romanian Polenta: a classic comfort food of the country. It is served in many different ways, including with eggs, fried sausages, and more. However, traditional Mamaliga is served with sour cream and feta.
- ¼ cup Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Grits
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- Sour cream
- Feta cheese
- Chopped chives (optional)
Method of Preparation
- In a saucepan, add the water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium and slowly whisk in the grits, making sure to stir constantly. Continue to cook until desired consistency. Mamaliga can be served as a porridge, or can be served thick enough to be eaten with a knife and fork.
- Serve with sour cream and feta, as well as anything else you would like.