Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Total Time: 20 min | Yield: 16 pancakes | Servings: 4
Corn Pancakes & Waffles
Made with Orange Corn Flour, these pancakes are 100% gluten-free. The corn lends itself to the pancakes’ buttery flavor and golden color. Use the batter in a Belgian waffle-maker if you prefer waffles over pancakes.
- 2 cups Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Flour
- 4 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp melted, unsalted butter, room temperature
- vegetable oil for cooking
Method of Preparation
- Combine all dry ingredients and whisk together until combined.
- Add the liquid ingredients one at a time until the batter is smooth.
- On a non-stick pan or griddle, heat up a small amount of oil on medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, ladle about ¼ of a cup into the pan/griddle. Allow the pancake to cook until the surface is full of bubbles (about 2 minutes) and flip. Adjust the heat accordingly if the pancake is too dark or not dark enough. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Keep a plate warm in the oven to put the finished pancakes while you are cooking. Once you are done, the pancakes are ready to serve.
- Serve with maple syrup, butter, berries, whipped cream, or anything else you like.
- If you prefer waffles, this batter also works great in a Belgian waffle maker!