Corn Pancakes & Waffles
Made entirely gluten free and with Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Flour, these pancakes are to die for. The corn lends itself to the pancakes’ buttery flavor and golden color. This batter can even be used in a Belgian waffle iron, if you prefer them over pancakes!
- 2 cups Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Flour
- 4 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp melted, unsalted butter, room temperature
- Neutral oil (vegetable, light olive) for cooking
Method of Preparation
- Combine all of the dry ingredients and whisk together until homogenous.
- Add the liquid ingredients one at a time until the batter is smooth.
- On a non-stick pan or griddle, heat up a small amount of oil on medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, ladle about ¼ of a cup into the pan/griddle. Allow the pancake to cook until the surface is full of bubbles (about 2 minutes) and flip. Adjust the heat accordingly if the pancake is too dark or not dark enough. Cook until both sides are golden brown. If you’d prefer waffles, this batter also works great in a belgian waffle maker!
- Keep a plate warm in the oven to put the finished pancakes while you are cooking. Once you are done, the pancakes are ready to serve!
- Serve with maple syrup, butter, berries, whipped cream, or anything you like! Enjoy!