Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes | Yield: 8-10 fritters | Servings: 2 fritters
Vegetable Fritters are a great way to incorporate more veggies into your repertoire! The fritters also pair perfectly with our Yogurt Dill Dip.
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (greens and whites)
- ½ bell pepper finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
FOR THE YOGURT DILL DIP
- 1 5.3oz cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- Drizzle of honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method of Preparation
- Make the yogurt dill: in a small bowl, add the yogurt, grated garlic, honey, dill and salt and pepper. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- In a small colander, place the shredded zucchini and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt. Let it sit for 10 minutes, or until it releases most of the liquid. Transfer the zucchini to a thick paper towel or kitchen towel and squeeze out any extra water. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the shredded carrots, sliced green onions, diced bell pepper, Dijon mustard, parmesan cheese, corn flour, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and egg. Mix everything until well combined.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat and add enough oil to barely cover the bottom of the skillet. Make one very small patty (for taste test) and cook it for a couple of minutes until golden brown on both sides. Taste the patty and adjust seasoning on the veggie mix if needed.
- Continue forming patties with your hands, about 2 tbls in size, and drop in the hot oil. (you can also drop them into the oil and flatten with the back of a spoon If you don’t want to use your hands.) Cook for about 5 minutes or until the bottom starts to turn golden brown and the top looks set around the edges. Flip and cook for a couple more minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil. Repeat with the rest of the vegetable mixture.
- Serve warm with the yogurt dill dip.