Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes | Yield: 2-3 bowls | Servings: 1 bowl
Grits Breakfast Bowl
Our Grits Breakfast Bowl is comfort food at its finest! Serve this restaurant-quality breakfast or brunch on a special occasion or enjoy in your pj’s on a lazy Sunday.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 bell pepper
- ½ onion
- Olive oil
- ½ cup Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Grits
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 eggs cooked your style
- Fresh chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the veggies: peel the potato and dice it into ½” cubs along with the bell pepper and the onions. Place on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 25 minutes.
- Make the grits: Bring 2 cups of water and ½ teaspoon of salt to a boil and add ½ cup of grits. Lower the heat and cook for 10-15 minutes stirring constantly. Add the butter, cheese, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm on low temperature while you make your favorite eggs.
- Serve the grits with a side of roasted veggies and top with the eggs. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.