Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 25 min | Yield: 12 | Servings: N/A
Cheddar Jalapeño Corn Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Meal
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large jalapeños, seeded and diced (thinly slice ½ of one jalapeño to garnish the top of the muffins if desired)
Method of Preparation
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix gently until well incorporated.
- Stir in the shredded cheese and diced jalapeños.
- Generously grease or prepare a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Fill each muffin thin about 2/3 full.
- Place a sliced of jalapeño on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes or until golden brown.