Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Total Time: 30 min | Yield: 12 | Servings: N/A
Cranberry Orange Muffins
With lovely tastes of the holidays, this muffin is sure to spice up your holidays, or any meal any time of year! These are delicious when served with ice cream, but can also be all be enjoyed themselves!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Meal
- 1 scant cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Orange
- 1 cup dried cranberries
–For the glaze (optional)—
- 1 cup of powder sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoon orange juice
Method of Preparation
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Add the oil, eggs, buttermilk and orange zest and mix gently until well incorporated.
- Stir in the dried cranberries.
- Generously grease or prepare a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Fill each muffin thin about 2/3 full.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- For the glaze. In a small bowl mix together the powder sugar and orange juice until it reaches a smooth consistency.