Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Total Time: 30 min | Yield: 12 | Servings: N/A
Cranberry Orange Muffins
With lovely flavors of the holidays, Cranberry Orange Muffins make the perfect treat for breakfast or brunch.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Meal
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Zest from 1 orange
- 1 cup dried cranberries
–For the glaze (optional)—
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoon orange juice
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Add the oil, eggs, buttermilk and orange zest and mix gently until well incorporated.
- Stir in the dried cranberries.
- Generously grease or prepare a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Fill each muffin tin about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- For the glaze: in a small bowl mix together the powder sugar and orange juice until it reaches a smooth consistency. Drizzle over muffins.