| Cook Time: 20 minutes | Yield: 2 servings
Pumpkin Spice Grits
Pumpkin Spice Grits are perfect for dessert or a sweet breakfast! Creamy and flavorful, this dish lets you enjoy the warm smells and tastes of Thanksgiving, anytime of year!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative
- ½ cup Professor Torbert’s Orange Corn Grits
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- Dried cranberries or cherries, almonds, walnuts (optional)
Method of Preparation
- In a small saucepan, bring the water and milk to a simmer. Slowly whisk in the grits, mix well, and lower the heat to medium. Allow to cook slowly for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the grits are done cooking, take them off of the heat and stir in the margarine, pumpkin, sugar, and spices until well combined.
- Transfer to a bowl, and top with the dried berries and/or nuts if desired.